What will my lender expect of me?
Your lender will help in determining what loan program is best for you. In preparation for your initial meeting, you will need to gather the following documents and bring them with you to your mortgage application appointment.
- Copies of most recent one month's pay stubs
- Copies of your last two year's w-2s
- Copies of your three most recent bank statements
- List of all of your monthly debts.
- Copy of purchase contract and earnest money/check receipt
- If renting, your landlord's address and phone number for the past 12 months
- DD214 (VA only)
- Certificate of eligibility (VA only)
It is also important to understand that, throughout the loan approval process, your lender may request additional information from you. This information may be required so that your lender can process the loan and give you a loan approval. It is crucial that you supply the lender with all of the information in a timely manner so that you do not delay your loan approval and the start of your home.